We have an exciting
opportunity for a Trainee Estimator to join our team based in King’s Lynn.
As a Trainee Estimator your duties will include:
- Analysing drawings and specifications
- Understanding contractual terms and conditions
- Assembling estimates and proposals
- Learning to provide clear detailed quantity take-offs
- Organizing sub-contractor’s quotations
- Draft budgets and schedules for projects for review
- Meeting with potential clients to generate sales.
The ideal Trainee Estimator will have the following skills
- Experience in Estimating/Tendering in the industrial and commercial construction sector
- IT Skills; Microsoft Office including Excel and Microsoft Project
- Good standard of general education is essential
- Recently completed either a BTEC/HNC/HND in a relevant subject
- Working towards a degree in a relevant subject.
- Genuine commitment to understanding, anticipating and respecting the needs of others
- Demonstrates a wide range of communication and learning styles
- Works towards joint goals without compromising individual targets
- Seeks opportunities to research and contribute to business outcomes
- Applies accuracy and precision to their own and other’s work and ensures quality outcomes are achieved first time, every time
- Willingly tackles demanding tasks
- Positive attitude towards personal feedback throughout your training.
In return you will receive funding
towards your next qualification, a salary dependent upon skills and experience,
private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension. This position will be based in King’s Lynn and
will involve travelling to construction projects nationwide as needed.