Contracts Manager - King's Lynn
We are looking for a
Contracts Manager to join our team.
projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature
controlled food & beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs. As Contracts
Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from warehouses
and commercial developments to food production facilities and cold stores.
role would provide overall management control of construction projects,
overseeing developments from start through to completion, ensuring that work is
accomplished on time and within budget.
As a Contracts Manager your duties will include:
- Developing and agreeing a contract brief
- Liaising with HR to ensure all recruitment needs are met
- Managing the planning of work activities and resources to meet contract requirements
- Controlling contract costs, ensuring quality and compliance
- Managing the site managers on each site to ensure the projects are running efficiently and to agreed deadlines
- Managing health, safety, welfare and risk control systems
- Developing working relationships with all stakeholders
- Agreeing client requirements and manage their expectations through confident communication.
The ideal Contracts Manager will have these skills and
- MCIOB or equivalent
- HNC/HND degree or equivalent
- CSCS card
- Proven experience of construction contract management
- Understanding of all aspects of the contracting process and
technical building requirements
- Strong quality, environmental, health & safety compliance, with
the ability to develop and mentor your site based teams to ensure maximum
- An organised approach
that understands the sequential order and deadlines of a large commercial
- High level communicator with excellent
negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- A strong personality to raise concerns correctly and
work under pressure towards agreed deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of
using Microsoft Project
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon
skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private
medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.
This position will be based in King’s Lynn and will involve travelling to
construction projects nationwide as needed.