Contracts Manager - Birmingham
We are looking for an
experienced Contracts Manager to join our Building Services team based in
projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature
controlled food & beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs. As a Contracts Manager, you could be working on a wide
variety of small works projects, from warehouses and commercial developments to
food production facilities and cold stores.
As a Contracts Manager your duties will include:
- Develop new business opportunities - meet new clients to discuss opportunities, prepare pricing and negotiate contracts
- Prepare, present and revise contract briefs
- Manage all site direct labour requirements by liaising with all Contracts Managers to ensure that the right skills are at the right place while working with HR to ensure that all recruitment needs are met
- Manage the evaluation and selection of contract methods by managing the planning of work activities and resources to meet contract requirements
- Control contract costs along with quality standards
- Maintain compliance of a contract with legal and statutory requirements
- Control contract progress and oversee claims for reimbursement for loss and expense
- Set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of Health and Safety procedures and best practice
- Manage customer care requirements and contribute to a marketing strategy and corporate image
- Develop teams, individuals and self by continuously developing your own knowledge and skills, developing teams to improve performance and providing support.
The ideal Contracts Manager will have the following skills
- HNC Construction or equivalent Construction Management experience (5 plus years preferred)
- CSCS Card
- First Aid Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years' UK experience in Senior Operational/Project/Bid roles for recognised main contractors in small works
- Ideally have an existing client base
- Strong track record in Pre-Construction; including tender preparation, interviews and submissions
- Wide range of sector experience in new build, refurbishment and maintenance work.
- Good knowledge of construction management processes and techniques
- Good sales and client development background.
- Team player
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to manage and deliver a successful project with minimal guidance
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
- Work well under pressure
- Able to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills.
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon
skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private
medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension. This position will be based in Birmingham
and will involve travelling to construction projects nationwide as needed.