Senior Quantity Surveyor - King's Lynn
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team based at our King’s Lynn office.
Our projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature controlled food and beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs.
Your role would effectively manage the resources of a project lifecycle in order to ensure it achieves success at the project outcome, and maximise profit, providing planning, provision and monitoring of commercial support and assurance to the Project Manager and the project delivery team.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your duties will include:General:
- Playing an active part in the running of each project
- Ensuring correspondence is in place to protect the company
- Assisting the Contracts Manager/Project Manager/Site Manager as required
- Assisting the Estimating and Buying departments as required.
- Placing subcontract orders in line with the procurement schedule
- Ensuring subcontractors’ quotations fully comply with contract documentation, providing summary analysis to enable the correct commercial decisions are taken.
- Preparation and agreement of interim valuations and final accounts
- Issuing VRS form against each valuation and issuing accurate CVR’s with full breakdown
- Keeping an up to date financial status on each project
- Monitoring direct labour, plant and material costs against the allowance within in tender.
- Awareness of the contract and contract conditions
- Advice/notification of extension of time/loss and expense claims
- Ensuring project is managed in line with contract requirements
- Ensuring collateral warranties are completed.
- Monitoring of subcontractors and liaison with site
- Agreeing interim/final accounts
- Issuing appropriate notices as required.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be thorough, methodical and a team player. You will have sound experience and knowledge of a medium
sized construction company. RICS/CIOB or equivalent is preferable, but not essential.
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension.
This position will be based in the King’s Lynn and will involve travelling to construction projects as needed.