Quantity Surveyor (Construction) - King’s Lynn
We are looking for a Quantity
Surveyor to join our Construction team in King’s Lynn.
Our projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full
design and build, temperature controlled food & beverage facilities to
logistical warehouse hubs. As Quantity Surveyor, you will be working on a wide
variety of projects, from warehouses and commercial developments to food
production facilities and cold stores.
As a Quantity Surveyor your duties will include:
- Understanding all forms of contract and all possible implications
- Negotiating and concluding a contract for the supply of works, goods, materials and services
- Obtaining and evaluating information to aid decision making
- Forecasting trends and developments which affect objectives
- Monitoring contract progress and costs against agreed programmes/budgets
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts, including claims for reimbursement for loss and expense
- Evaluating potential implications for dispute resolution and negotiate and progress resolution
- Planning activities and agree work methods to achieve objectives.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor will have the following skills
- RICS/CIOB or equivalent preferable but not essential
- Sound experience and knowledge of a medium sized construction company.
- Sound experience and knowledge of a medium sized construction company
- Ability to prioritise work and work autonomously
- Strong leadership, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good IT (including MS Office), presentation and communication skills
- Effective coaching and supportive style, influencing others
- Ability to make complex decisions swiftly and consistently.
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon
skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private
medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension. This position will be based in King’s Lynn
and will involve travelling to construction projects nationwide as needed.