EHS Manager - Birmingham
We are looking for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join our team.
Our projects range from refurbishment and extensions to full design and build, temperature controlled food & beverage facilities to logistical warehouse hubs. As EHS Manager, you could be working on a wide variety of projects, from warehouses and commercial developments to food production facilities and cold stores.
You will ensure that Chalcroft properly manages and discharges all its legal obligations and related duties under current EHS legislation, taking responsibility for the implementation of company policies, processes and procedures and assisting line managers in their implementation.
You will also increase EHS awareness and compliance across the organisation through constant and consistent communication and support and; instilling and promoting positive EHS behaviours and attitudes.
As an EHS Manager your duties will include:
- Responsibility for managing all EHS aspects of the Birmingham office, including office safety files, fire management and personnel matters
- Liaison with Operations Directors, Contracts Managers and other members of Chalcroft’s project teams in relation to new and upcoming contracts, providing guidance and requirements
- Completion of prequalification questionnaires for potential/existing clients
- Attendance at client/professional team pre and post tender interviews
- Construction Phase Plans and associated documentation for new projects
- Site inspections and audits (UK wide) to ensure compliance and provision of robust reports with clear and consistent requirements and actions
- Thorough investigations of any incidents, providing reports with preventative and corrective actions
- Regular communication and interaction with the QEHS Director and other members of the EHS Department
- Providing support and assistance to project teams and subcontractors in EHS matters
- Internal and external assessments for ISO/OHSAS certifications.
The ideal EHS Manager will have an excellent knowledge of EHS regulations and experience in construction, along with the following skills and experience:
- NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent
- Membership of IOSH
- Experience and/or familiarity with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Ability to prioritise work and work autonomously
- Strong leadership, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good IT (including MS Office), presentation and communication skills
- Effective coaching and supportive style, influencing others
- Ability to make complex decisions swiftly and consistently.
In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon skills and experience plus a choice of company car or car allowance, private medical insurance, company sick pay scheme, life insurance scheme and pension. This position will be based in Birmingham and will involve travelling to construction projects nationwide as needed.